Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Are you a Dupage Mama?

Welcome to Dupage Mamas! This blog is a place for Mamas to connect, share their experiences, and recommend great finds and ideas (or let us learn from your mistakes!) If you are raising kids in Dupage County, then we'd love to have you along for the adventure!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We Touched Trucks!




One of the things I love about Dupage Mamas is that I'm always in the "know" about fun activities going on around town. When I found out about last Saturday's "Touch a Truck" festival in West Chicago, I knew my truck loving toddler couldn't afford to miss it.

West Chicago, you did yourself proud. Wow! There were way more trucks than I had expected. Mail trucks, snow plow trucks, fire trucks, police cars, tractors, diggers, bulldozers, cement mixers, a hydrolic crane, and many more that not even the hours I've spent reading truck books has prepared me to name. And some of these un-named trucks were huge.

All of them were up for grabs. Everywhere you looked toddler and school age boys and girls were climbing on trucks, honking horns, sitting in the driver seats. The truck drivers were nearby to answer questions and generally be looked upon with awe. There were hot dogs, plastic builder hats, balloons - everything you needed to make touching a truck into a full blown festival.

Who thought up Touch A Truck? I have no idea, but it was fantastic. I wonder what adventure we'll be going to next??

1 comments:

bucket trucks June 21, 2009 at 5:18 AM  

Wow! I love seeing this family having some pics with this huge equipments here. When we think of the trucks we always got in our minds the bucket trucks which sometimes dubbed as the cherry picker. This is true where this equipment really helps in jobs where height is the matter. It seems that this is one of the best equipments I have ever knew.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP