Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Are you a Dupage Mama?

Welcome to Dupage Mamas! This blog is a place for Mamas to connect, share their experiences, and recommend great finds and ideas (or let us learn from your mistakes!) If you are raising kids in Dupage County, then we'd love to have you along for the adventure!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Serenade- Your One-Stop Style Shop


I am that type of girl that loves her house (and her fashion) to be just right. I love for the pictures to be hung and the curtains to be chic and my overall style to just flow. But I am also that type of girl who has two small boys, a dog, a job, a tight budget and more things on my to-do list than hours in the day. So in order to make my dream of a put-together, stylish home (and overall me) a reality, I need some help. I need somewhere I can go that will inspire me and give me some style tools. Thankfully, I have found my go-to place. Serenade.

Serenade is this adorable shop in a converted home with something for everyone. They are located in downtown Wheaton at 129 N. West Street. Don't let the exterior deter you. From the outside, it looks like just another beautiful Wheaton home. Nancy Shepard, the owner, purchased the historic home in the fall of '07 and transformed it from a dilapidated office building to a gallery of unique and beautiful things for your home and your closet. They have two gorgeous levels and both are filled from corner to corner with some of the most beautiful clothing and accessories and pictures frames and accent pieces and ... the list could go on and on. Antiques, couture clothes, trendy jewelry and t-shirts. I could have spent several hours and lots of money there. Good thing I had my boys with me. :) Well, good for my budget at least.


Out of the countless things that caught my eye, I really loved one certain line of products by be.ology. It is beautiful inspirational tees and bags and hats and other items that I would wear with pride and with style, each sporting a different phrase- be.greatful, be.inspired, be.loved.

Serenade recently won the award for "Best New Store" in Western Suburban Living Magazine. It is an award that is voted on by the readers and shoppers themselves so I am not the only one that thinks this store is uber-fabulous!!
If you are in the market for local made soap or candles, that perfect antique accent for your coffee table, or a one-of-a-kind pair of earrings to go with that perfect trendy top, Serenade is the place for you. It is certainly the place for me.


Serenade
Nancy Shepherd
129 N. West Street
Wheaton
630-682-0200
Tuesday-Saturday 10a-5p (Closed Sun. and Mon.)

nashephard@msn.com


Farrah's post is also featured at Chicagonista

1 comments:

Heather June 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

I've always wanted to go in there! I just kinda didn't want the girls in there with me. I'm picturing them grabbing everything. I'm hearing "Ooo la la! Mama!" "What's this Mama?!" *crash*

I will definitely stop in though next time I'm taking some me time. Looks like a great place!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP