Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Are you a Dupage Mama?

Welcome to Dupage Mamas! This blog is a place for Mamas to connect, share their experiences, and recommend great finds and ideas (or let us learn from your mistakes!) If you are raising kids in Dupage County, then we'd love to have you along for the adventure!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dupage News for June 11, 2009

More affordable housing in Dupage County? Hmmm.... I'm listening.

June is Bike Month in Naperville. Their aim is to emphasize the importance on bicycle safety and encourage residents to travel by bicycle, especially for trips less than 2miles.
June 15th (monday) is being set aside as Bike Day and they are encouraging people to only travel by bike on that day. There are several other promotional events going on, including something called "Bike for Donuts." Now that may be a cycling promotion I could get behind. :)

The former site of the Jewel in Downtown Wheaton will finally be going up for sale in the next few weeks. The site has sat empty since the store closed in Feb. of 2008 after being open for more than 4 decades. It is such a prime spot, so close to downtown and to major through roads. (Side note: In college, my friends and I used to call it "ghetto Jewel." HeHe!!) I wonder what they will put there?

Even though this happened in Cook County, I still love what these kids did: A human chain that resulted in over 5,000 items donated to their local food pantry. What a cool idea to get kids excited about giving their time and resources to those in need.

Like, No Way!! Am I the only girl who will admit to being a fan of The Hills? (It is shockingly addictive and very entertaining!) Well, if I am not the only fan, you may be interested to know that Lauren is coming to Naperville on June 20th to pitch her new young adult fiction book. I will probably be passing on the novel, but it would be fun to see LC in person. If I wasn't going to be at the Wheaton Market that Saturday, I might actually have joined in the fun. Anybody want to go and take a picture for me? :)

Speaking of markets... here is a great map of local markets and list of the days and hours.

2 comments:

Mandie June 11, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

I heard a rumor that Junkie Jewel is going to be a Trader Joes... We'll see!

Farrah June 11, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

That's what I heard too and is my preferred solution!! It would make a ton of $$! I hope it happens.
"Junkie Jewel"... HA!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP