Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Are you a Dupage Mama?

Welcome to Dupage Mamas! This blog is a place for Mamas to connect, share their experiences, and recommend great finds and ideas (or let us learn from your mistakes!) If you are raising kids in Dupage County, then we'd love to have you along for the adventure!

Friday, June 12, 2009

The day the TV died


I couldn't count for you how many times I've watched the clock, counting down the minutes until Sesame Street or Bob the Builder comes on. I'm sure I'm not the only one. But today is the day that the TV died.

Or at least, non-HD TV. Yes, after warning us about it for the past year, today is finally the day that television will broadcast only in High Definition, rendering all non-HD TVs (or at least, those without a converter box, provided nearly free by a government coupon) useless.

Our family opted out of buying either the fun new HD TV or the government-subsidized converter box.

We've actually been looking forward to it. We were hoping to have the television set on all day so as not to miss the moment that everything went to fuzz and static. But we're on vacation, so we'll miss the excitement.

When we come home there will be literally nothing on.

How about you and your family?

If you are still needing a coupon for a converter box, you can get one here.

3 comments:

Just Me June 12, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

I am jealous! I wish I could convince my family to go tv free. *sigh*

Atwood-Family of FIVE June 13, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

I am the oppostite of "Just Me". I would never WANT to be TVless. I admire my friends who can do it but I think they are crazy!

Anonymous,  June 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

we didn't even know it was coming: we turned on PBS and nothing was there! we just try to limit how much tv we watch. we don't feel the need to be completely without...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP